Synchronizing EndNote and EndNote Online
EndNote X7 and above allows you to synchronize one desktop library with your EndNote Online library so that an exact match exists in both libraries. You must register & have an active EndNote Online account to initiate the Sync process:
1. Open the EndNote desktop library you want to syncronize with EndNote Online.
2. Save a back-up copy of this library as a Compressed Library (in case of problems during the sync process).
3. Register EndNote X9 with EndNote Online (even if you have an existing EndNote Web account) for your free 2 year subscription:
- EndNote > Tools > Sync OR Click (top toolbar)
- A User Registration box will appear. Click Sign Up
- Enter your email address > retype it > click Submit.
- Enter your personal information in the required fields > click I Agree
- The library currently open in EndNote X9 desktop will become your default library for the Sync process. If you subsequently initiate the Sync process with a different library open in EndNote this will merge with the default library.
- You can not initiate the Sync process in Online mode.
EndNote will populate the fields on the Sync page with your email address, password & the EndNote desktop library currently open (you can change this if necessary). Ensure Sync Automatically is ticked so that the Sync process begins every 15 minutes.