Downloading referencing output styles
If the required reference style is not available in EndNote's output styles you will need to download it from the EndNote styles webpage :
- Click on Download for the required style > Open
- The style file will open in EndNote.
- In EndNote go to File > Save As > remove the word copy > Save.
- Click the second small black cross to close OR File > Close style.
To locate your downloaded style:
- EndNote > Style drop down menu
- If not there click on Select Another Style > Choose a style
MAC users – Click on your required style and locate it in your "Downloads". Then drag and drop it into your Styles folder at HD\Applications\EndNoteX8\Styles.
If you experience problems when trying to save your edited style see the EndNote FAQ: Problems saving styles
Note: If you are having problems with existing styles in EndNote you may need to update these files. Simply follow the directions above for the problem style files - removing the word 'copy' will ensure that the updated file overwrites the older version.