Manually importing references using filters
If the database does not have a direct export option you will need to manually import the reference saved as a text file:
- Save the references as a text file (.txt) on your desk top.
- Open your EndNote library. Select File > Import > File.
- The Import File box will open.
- Import your text file by clicking Choose... and navigating to the text file > Open.
- The file name will now appear in the Import File box.
- Use the Import Option drop-down menu to select Other Filters.
- The Choose An Import Filter box will appear.
- Scroll down to your required filter, highlight it and click Choose. The Import File box will reappear.
- You can decide to Discard Duplicates, then click Import.
- Your reference(s) will now appear in the temporary window in your EndNote library.