Request a search for literature on a specific topic
Request a Literature Search
WNHS staff can ask the Library for a search for relevant literature on a specific topic via the above online form.
Please provide your personal details and information on the following aspects as outlined below:
Type of search
- The request can be for information/case studies on a specific clinical problem to inform your clinical decision. If such information is required ASAP please phone the Library: 9340 1499
- You may simply require a few recent & relevant citations on a clinical problem /research topic - please indicate this on the form.
- Alternatively you may require a more extensive / systematic search of the literature - please indicate this.
Search Topic / keywords
- A clear description of the clinical decision / problem / research topic will help the librarian to search more effectively.
- Any keywords and synonyms (particularly for technical terms) you provide will also help.
- If possible/desirable, provide the citations for a couple of key references on the topic.
- If you are interested in only a specific age range of the clients, gender etc. that is not obvious from the topic description please state this.
- Restrictions could also include type of study (e.g. systematic reviews, RCT etc.)
Other points to note
- The date range for the retrieved references (search back to what year) if this is important.
- The accepted languages.
- The date by which you require the completed literature search.
- The completed literature search will comprise a Word document of references with links that may take you to the full-text.
- Please indicate if you would also like the EndNote library of these references.